Getac promotes the use of green product designs. With the goals or protecting the earth and minimizing environmental impact, Getac has formulated and implemented various environmental measures, and introduced green production processes to reduce carbon emission and increase use of recycled water in order to maximize resource utilization. Getac's production base has developed and strictly complied with wastewater and waste management procedures following local regulations and the ISO14001 system.
Getac strictly adheres to local environmental laws. Environmental management tasks of Taiwan headquarters and Kunshan production plants (GTK and MPTK) are carried out by the Health & Safety Office as well as the Administration and Workplace Safety Departments. These tasks include regular monitoring of air pollution and wastewater discharge, commissioning of eligible environmental and waste disposal companies to handle industrial wastes, and incorporate environmental measures and laws into training programs to encourage stringent compliance among employees. Taiwan headquarters and Kunshan production plants in China were not involved in any regulatory violations in 2016, and all of their emissions are in compliance with regulatory standards. No reports of external leakages were filed. The Company will continue to strive toward zero violations and zero pollution incidents.
Energy & GHG Emission Management
- We conducts GHG inventory according to the standards provided by government and our customers. GHG inventory includes calculating emissions, establishing an emission checklist, and monitoring the following GHGs: carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbon (PFCs), and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6).
- The production base is committed to increasing the use of automated processes and fully implementing energy-conservation programs to effectively improve energy utilization. Consolidated transportation of raw materials is promoted to facilitate carbon reduction.
Water Resources and Waste Water Management
- The production base has established process water recycling system to raise water efficiency.
- Domestic wastewater is collectively discharged into the Taipei City sewage system and regularly checked to ensure legal compliance. Industrial wastewater is handled by authorized vendors and is subject to government monitoring to ensure that industrial wastewater is properly discharged.
Air Pollution Prevention
- Office areas are tested semi-annually to examine indoor air quality. Carbon dioxide concentrations have met statutory standards, and no other air pollutants were emitted into the atmosphere.
- The production base has obtained a permit for pollutant discharge pursuant to the law, and regularly undergo third-party sampling inspection. All indicators were in compliance with statutory standards.
Raw Material Recycling and Waste Disposal
- In response to environmental initiatives and customer requirements, recycled materials were used in a portion of our manufacturing process. It is expected that use of recycled materials will continue to increase in the future.
- The production base has followed management procedures and laws, commissioning authorized vendors to dispose of hazardous wastes, which are documented and are subject to government supervision.